As of today, more than 100 deaths and over 4,000 injuries have been reported. Gathered below are images of the widespread damage in Beirut, a day after the devastating blast.
1. An aerial view shows the massive damage at the port's grain silos and the area around it on August 5, 2020, one day after a massive explosion hit the harbor in the heart of Beirut, the Lebanese capital.
2. A man walks through debris on a residential street, devastated by an explosion a day earlier, on August 5, 2020, in Beirut, Lebanon.
3. A statue representing the Lebanese expatriate is seen in front of a building that was damaged by the explosion, on August 5, 2020.
4. A woman looks down from a balcony, damaged by the blast a day earlier, on August 5, 2020, in Beirut.
5. A view shows damaged buildings following Tuesday's blast in Beirut's port area, on August 5, 2020.
6. A man removes broken glass scattered on the carpet of a mosque damaged in Tuesday's blast on August 5, 2020.
7. A view shows the aftermath of the explosion at the port of Beirut, on August 5, 2020.
8. Police and forensic officers work at the scene of the explosion on August 5, 2020.
9. A damaged façade is seen in Beirut on August 5, 2020.
10. Young Lebanese women wearing protective masks and gloves stand amid the rubble in Beirut's Gemmayzeh commercial district, which was heavily damaged by the previous day's powerful explosion, on August 5, 2020.
11. The damaged Wardieh hospital is pictured in the aftermath of the blast on August 5, 2020.
12. A man looks from the balcony of a damaged building on August 5, 2020.
13. A picture taken on August 5, 2020, shows the curtains in the rooms of the Le Gray hotel in the Lebanese capital Beirut of flowing in the wind a day after the explosion
14. A woman looks out of the collapsed façade of an apartment on August 5, 2020, in Beirut.
15. Wreckage litters the city's port on August 5, 2020, in Beirut.
16. A woman walks among debris on a residential street in Beirut on August 5, 2020.
17. A view of the damage inside a building on August 5, 2020
18. A man with a mobile phone takes pictures of buildings destroyed by the explosion, on August 5, 2020.
19. A day after a massive explosion shook the city, Karim Corbani poses for a portrait inside his bedroom in Beirut on August 5, 2020.
20. A member of Lebanon's security forces walks past the damage near the site of the previous day's blast in Beirut's port area on August 5, 2020.
21. Damage at the Electricity of Lebanon building, photographed on August 5, 2020
22. People inspect the damage near Beirut's port area on August 5, 2020.
23. People clean debris from inside the Saint George Maronite, in the aftermath of the explosion in the Lebanese capital of Beirut, on August 5, 2020.
Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.