Hong Kong News

Nonpartisan, Noncommercial, unconstrained.
Tuesday, Jan 18, 2022

Penny’s Bay quarantine center fire sees mother and 10yo daughter injured

A 10-year-old girl and her mother were taken to the hospital on Thursday night after a fire broke out at the Penny's Bay quarantine center.
Authorities said they received a report about the fire at around 8pm, with the fire started at one of the cubicles used for housing people undergoing compulsory quarantine.

Police officers said the mother and daughter were doing some art when a scented candle set an apron on fire. The mother attempted to put out the blaze with a bed sheet, but that too caught fire.

The two suffered minor injuries to their hands and were brought to the North Lantau Hospital for treatment.

The force said the girl had been put into quarantine and the mother was there to accompany her.
Newsletter

Related Articles

Hong Kong News
×