From the GoFundMe page:
On May 25, 2020, my life shattered as I learned of the tragic passing of my dear brother, George.
My family and I watched in absolute horror as the now infamous and horrifying video began to spread quickly throughout social media. What we saw on that tape left us shell shocked; a white Minneapolis police officer kneeling directly on my brother's neck, obstructing his ability to breathe. As some officers knelt on his neck, other officers participated and watched; no one took any action to save my brother's life. Those officers would continue to brutalize my brother until he died. This fund is established to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for all court proceedings, and to assist our family in the days to come as we continue to seek justice for George. A portion of these funds will also go to the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children and their educational fund.
Anyone wishing to send cards, letters of encouragement and/or contributions in the form of a money order or check, may do so by mail at:
The Estate of George Floyd
c/o Ben Crump Law, PLLC
122 S. Calhoun Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Attn: Adner Marcelin
All checks must be made out to: The Estate of George Floyd
Commonly asked questions:
1. Who you are: Philonise Floyd, brother of George Floyd
2. Where you’re from? Houston, TX
3. Your relationship to the parties you’re raising funds for? George was my biological brother.
4. How the funds will be spent? Funds collected here will be spent by the Floyd family as outlined above. This fund will be governed and controlled at the discretion Philonise Floyd for the family's benefit.
5. How do you intend to get the funds to those in need? All funds collected on this website will be withdrawn to an established account for the benefit of my family. 100% of funds collected here will go to my family.
6. Are there any other legitimate funds? Yes, https://www.gofundme.com/f/george-floyd-bigfloyd is also a legitimate fund.
Anyone with further questions about this page may contact Adner Marcelin of Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (850) 224-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the bottom of our hearts my family thanks each of you who have reached out. While we are not able to respond to each expression of love at this time, please know that we love and appreciate each and every one of you. Our hearts are overwhelmed!
Disclaimer: Fund set up and managed by Adner Marcelin
When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice, you may know that your society is doomed