Hong Kong News

Nonpartisan, Noncommercial, unconstrained.
Monday, May 17, 2021

Hong Kong to expand quarantine-free return plan

Hong Kong to expand quarantine-free return plan

Chief executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor said the government is thinking of letting its residents who are now in Chinese provinces and cities other than Guangdong and Macau, as well as some mainlanders, enter the city without being quarantined starting late this month.
Since November last year, some 80,000 Hong Kong residents have been allowed to return from Guangdong and Macau without being quarantined under the Return2hk scheme.

A daily quota of 3,000 is set for the Shenzhen Bay Port, while that for the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port is 2,000.

The Hong Kong leader said today that starting late this month, apart from those in Guangdong, Hong Kong residents can return to the city under the Return2hk scheme without having to go under the 14-day mandatory quarantine.

Meanwhile, Lam said the government will also introduce another scheme to allow non-Hong Kong residents living in the mainland to visit Hong Kong. Those people will not be required to go under the 14-day mandatory quarantine as well.
Newsletter

Quote of the Day

Government 'help' to business is just as disastrous as government persecution... the only way a government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping its hands off.

Ayn Rand
Related Articles

Hong Kong News
×