Hong Kong health authorities are investigating a case of suspected food poisoning at a prestigious international school where 20 pupils fell ill after eating dinner at the campus cafeteria.
A government spokeswoman said the pupils, aged 11 to 17, reported abdominal pain and diarrhoea around nine to 13 hours after a meal at the Tuen Mun campus on Wednesday evening.
A source told the Post that the institution involved was Harrow International School Hong Kong.
The nine girls and 11 boys were in stable conditions, with three having sought medical advice from private hospitals. None required hospitalisation.
The Centre for Health Protection reported that the 20 students had eaten macaroni and cheese, as well as chicken, at the school’s canteen.
Officers from the centre and the Department of Food and Environmental Hygiene inspected the school’s premises on Friday and advised it on food poisoning prevention.
An investigation into the incident was ongoing.