China and Hong Kong data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3% during the period 2019−2025.
Over $25 billion will be invested in China & Hong Kong data center space during 2020-2025.
In 2019, China and Hong Kong witnessed investments in over 35 data centers, where China contributed to around 80% of the overall data center investments.
Cloud, big data, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, and quantum computing are driving the market growth, leading to investments in multiple hyperscale data center campuses arcoss China & Hong Kong.
GDS Services, ChinData, Shanghai Athub, 21Vianet, and Tenglong Holdings are among the leading investors in new data centers across China.
With the shortage of land hinders construction of greenfield data center facilities, brownfield development to contribute to market growth.
Over 600 MW of power capacity will be added through data center developments in Hong Kong between 2020-2025.
New entrants namely, Chayora, Princeton Digital Group, AirTrunk, and BDx China are investing in hyperscale facilities.
* Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
* Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
* Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by IT infrastructure, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standards, and geography
* Competitive Landscape – 9 IT infrastructure providers, 11 construction service providers, 15 support infrastructure providers, and 14 data center investors
* The server market in China and Hong Kong will witness significant growth in the next few years due to investments from major cloud service providers. Apple, Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, and China Telecom are the major cloud service providers operators investing in the region.
* Mega data center projects in China are designed to be of Tier III and Tier IV standards, with the increased deployment of 2N redundant UPS systems. The construction of data centers of over 20 MW power capacity will increase the demand for high-capacity infrastructure over 1 MW. Most facilities support rack power density of 5−10 kW; however, it is expected that new facilities will support a capacity of 20 kW during the forecast period.
* In China, a majority of data centers offer colocation services to adopt air as well as water-based cooling techniques. Some facilities are built to support free cooling techniques. Several service providers use energy-efficient free cooling techniques with redundant units to keep the data center operational. The adoption of CRAC units and chillers will continue to grow to cool the facility in the China data center market.
* UPS Systems
* Transfer Switches & Switchgears
* Other Electrical Infrastructure
* Cooling Systems
* CRAC & CRAH Units
* Chiller Units
* Cooling Towers & Dry Coolers
* Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
* Other Units
* Other Mechanical Infrastructure
* Building Development
* Installation & Commissioning Services
* Building Designs
* Physical Security
* Tier I & Tier II
* Tier III
* Tier IV
China is the second leading market for data centers after the US. The investments in the China market is growing significantly, guided by the digital transformation initiatives carried out by Chinese enterprises and government authorities. China dominates the world in terms of the number of internet users and high penetration among social media and other digital platforms. This is leading to strong demand for technologies such as cloud, big data, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, virtual reality, and augmented reality.
* Growing Demand for Colocation & Hyperscale Data Centers
* Big Data & IoT Spending to Drive Data Center Investment
* Renewable Energy to Reduce Power Cost
* Implementation of 5G & Smart City Initiatives to Drive Edge Data Centers
China is a prominent market for data center operations in the APAC region. The continuous boom in internet users, gaming, the e-commerce industry, and investments in the digitalization of enterprises has increased demand in the Chinese data center market. Tier-1 cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Guangzhou are the major data center markets in the country. In China, data center investment is led by internet, cloud, and telecommunication service providers such as Alibaba, China Unicom, China Telecom, ChinaCache, Dr.Peng Group, Wangsu Technology, Tencent, Sinnet Technology, 21Vianet, and China Mobile.
* Hong Kong
* HPE (H3C)
* Dell Technologies
* Hitachi Vantara
* Inspur Group
* Quanta Cloud Technology (Quanta Computer)
* Arup Group
* Aurecon Construction
* AWP Architects
* BYME Engineering
* Chung Hing Engineers Group
* DSCO Group
* Gammon Construction
* Studio One Design Limited
* NTT FACILITIES
* Delta Group
* Schneider Electric
* Fuji Electric
* Hitec Power Protection
* Mitsubishi Electric
* Legrand Group
* MTU On Site Energy
* Kstar New Energy
* Chayora Holdings
* China Unicom
* ChinData Group
* GDS Holdings
* Global Switch
* PT Telekomunikasi Group
* Shanghai Athub
* Shanghai Qnet Network Technology
* Tencent Holdings
* Tenglong Holdings Group (Tamron)
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
We offer comprehensive market research reports on industries such as consumer goods & retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart tech, healthcare, and life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals and materials, IT and media, logistics and packaging. These reports contain detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers, and trend forecasts.
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.